Professor Hill is the Professor and Chair of Surgery and Head of the Medical School at RCSI. He graduated from UCD and did his surgical training in Dublin and London. He followed this with a two year fellowship with Dr John Daly at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, USA, and the New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center. He returned to Ireland to do his Senior Registrar training on the National Training Programme. Before taking up his position as Consultant, he completed a Clinical Fellowship in Surgical Oncology at Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYC. His clinical interests are in the area of breast cancer and melanoma. Professor Hill is the national advisor for surgical oncology for the National Cancer Control Programme (under the direction of Professor Tom Keane). He is also the Lead Clinician in the Beaumont Hospital Breast Service, which diagnoses and treats up to 300 newly diagnosed breast cancers each year. His laboratory research interests are in the transcriptional control of breast cancer and, in particular, the role of the coregulatory proteins.
- Breast Cancer Ireland Christmas Raffle 2020 Winners
- Revive Active supporting Breast Cancer Ireland
- Samantha McLaren bravely shares her breast cancer diagnosis journey during COVID-19 lockdown
- Former Miss Ireland relaunches Breast Cancer Ireland’s education programme run by survivors
- BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR LACES UP FOR 2020’S VIRTUAL GREAT PINK RUN